May 23, 2011

fabric girl

by Jillian Mukavetz

face figured masks. of disaster. of laughter
.
ordinary cloaks, roast grass.
seed blend weeds
and shy pleurisy.
.
weaves the wind, metal detectors and missing keys: fabric girl
.
love is sartorial.
sheared mascara
split time, wrists, and sealed plethora
.
puzzled palms
review only to view
pressed
meanings in syllabus.
.
smeared, trust, letters. a girl audition in moral expletives.
fabric girl
trusts cuts and mends, couth labels. fabric ends





jillian mukavetz asks: how you would like me to define. what i perceive. define decreation? my eyes will never mirror yours. image and language and sound and idea negotiate space. everyone owns free will and behavior. from this perspective, maybe “I” means i love animals. i love my friends. i love bees and horses. i believe in human justice and feminism. i play the fiddle. i record cinepoems. i have a personal blog and a blog that interviews 21st century women writers and their aesthetic diversity. i take pictures. i write poems and essays. i volunteer. i am getting my MFA in poetry at New England College. maybe this is “about me.” or maybe just cracked shards of a dream.

No comments: